So, you got yourself the new Huawei FreeBuds 4, and you got it to connect to your non-Huawei Android phone via Bluetooth. But weren’t you promised that you could tweak the gesture controls or its noise cancelation? Well, those steps require the Huawei AI Life app to work.
Before looking for it on the Google Play Store, it’s better to get that from Huawei instead. As the company still can’t integrate with Google Services, it’s opting to push out the latest version of the app on its website.
And so, we’ll begin this simple tutorial on that step. But before we start, we want to remind you that you should only sideload apps from trusted and reputable sources. Check on the lock icon beside the URL to make sure it says that the connection is secure. We don’t want you downloading malware into your device.
1. To install the Huawei AI Life app from Huawei’s site, head to this link. Make sure to do this process on the smartphone you’re linking with your FreeBuds 4. If you’re uncomfortable clicking links, you can head to the Google app or on your phone’s search bar and type “Huawei AI Life app.” Tap on that link you see below that’s inside the red box. It will redirect you to the same webpage.
2. Click on the Install Now button in the top right corner.
3. Since you’re using a non-Huawei device, select the Download via browser option and then download the .apk file. Tap on Open after you’re done downloading. If you haven’t enabled the installation of apps outside of the Play Store yet, the prompt below will appear. Tap on Settings and then toggle on the Allow unknown apps to be installed.
4. After enabling this, tap on the back at the top. You will then get a prompt to install the app. Tap on the Install option. After that, wait for it to install so you can link your new earbuds to the app.
You can check this tutorial out in video form here:
Now, connecting your Huawei FreeBuds 4 to the Huawei AI Life app is even simpler.
1. Once you open the Huawei AI Life app and input your location, you can log in or register to manage your smart devices. But it will also work even if you don’t. Make sure your Bluetooth is enabled at this point.
2. Open the lid of the FreeBuds 4 and hold down the button on the right side for a few seconds. Wait for the indicator light in front to turn white. That means the earbuds are ready to pair.
3. After that, tap on the + button in the top right corner. It will prompt you to enable your location services so it can scan for your FreeBuds 4. Huawei also gives you the option to add a device manually or scan the QR code on your product box.
Once paired, you can now tweak its settings to your liking. The app also gives you a more detailed look at the battery life of your earbuds and the charging case. This app is also vital for getting over-the-air updates and fixes for the FreeBuds 4.
Check out how to connect your FreeBuds 4 in video form here:
If there are other tutorials you want to learn about the FreeBuds 4 or other devices, services, and apps, let us know on social media! We have more Random Tech Tips that you can check out HERE.